Public and stakeholder relations
There are a lot of definitions of PR out in the business world. Some use it to only describe work with the mainstream media, placing stories and providing expert spokespeople; while others take a broader approach to communications and stakeholder engagement.
We can help with identifying stakeholders and audiences, appropriate channels to reach them and angles that suit the medium. I've done plenty of events and launches in Australia and Europe and keep abreast of specialist media in several areas to help spread the word.
Social media is now fully integrated to the suite of communications methods available to organisations. It has been used effectively for advocacy and marketing and everything in between. Like any communications it requires some pre-planning to reinforce your organisation's personality and meet your objectives.
Short Communications is at home in the digital realm, having looked after networks of over 100,000 people and built new online communities for clients. We can help out with planning, voice, social media entry, or testing new channels. Together with specialist partners we can deliver digital marketing, search engine optimisation, user experience (UX), data visualisations and more.
Public relations and media experience
- Media liaison for the Energy Efficiency Council's Conferences 2012, 2011, 2010, to promote the role of energy efficiency for carbon reductions and economic productivity. Earned placements included interviews with keynote speakers on Sky Business, ABC News Breakfast, Channel 10, Radio National, Sydney Morning Herald, and trade publications.
- Launch of the Pulse tool for Investa Sustainability Institute which gained international attention on popular websites Fast Company and Information Aesthetics (March 2012)
- Promotion of the Institute for Sustainable Futures Climate Clubs competition winners, including liaison with The Project (Channel 10) for a 3 minute-profile (December 2011).
- Launch of Investa Property Group's Trigeneration Precinct, in April 2011 the first in Sydney to provide electricity to more than one commercial building, resulting in over a dozen mentions in trade and mainstream news, including SMH and Sky News.
- Communications and social media strategy for the launch of Green Buildings Alive - a project promoting extreme data transparency on building performance for Investa Sustainability Institute (@BuildingsAlive on Twitter).
- 2010 Policy platform launch for the Energy Efficiency Council of Australia, including editing and public relations to obtain media coverage for the recommendations.
- Media relations for the “1Goal” campaign for global education during the 2010 World Cup, for Action Aid Australia.
- Online communications and social media for Earth Hour Australia, a 3-month contract managing web-content, information architecture, facebook, twitter and bulk email strategy for WWF Australia (Jan - March 2010).
- Organisation-wide communications strategy for Institute for Sustainable Futures, including messages, staffing issues and prioritisation of activities.
- Communications management for World Wide Views on Global Warming Australia, a world-first global citizens consultation on climate change, including web content, stakeholder newsletters and media liaison for Institute for Sustainable Futures (see the Media Clippings Page).
- Media management for the 2008 international conference on sustainability and transparency, for over 1,000 participants in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Outreach activity for the release of the Aids Accountability Scorecard in December 2008, for Aids Accountability International, Sweden.
- Creating a company identity and profile for an emerging small energy efficiency business , Low Energy Supplies and Services.
- Promoting an offer of rebates for power factor correction to large industrial sites in Western Sydney, Australia for Demand Manager.
- A range of publicity projects in NSW Government Sustainable Energy Development Authority, including “Solar month” program of over 30 community events, NSW Bioenergy Handbook and NSW Wind Energy Handbook.